We are on the prowl for a Project Manager (Non-Technical) - Assistant.
This is a term role of 8 weeks with the strong possibility of evolving to a permanent full-time position. The successful candidate will have a variety of administrative responsibilities and will need to be comfortable taking on various tasks that may not necessarily be within the defined role itself (see below).
We’re building a team that’s rapidly becoming the world's leading digital agency for experiential travel, luxury properties and one-of-a-kind hospitality brands. Ideally, you have a passion for adventure and travel, and a desire to develop expertise around the niche we operate in. You’ll work with some of the most unique, luxury travel products and destinations in the world. Your job will be to deliver digital services which bring these experiences to life.
As Wallop has moved to a hybrid office/remote-working model, applicants need not be local to our Vancouver office but do need to be able to work a schedule that overlaps with our core hours (9am–5:30pm PST).
Wallop is committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of its work. All qualified applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability, or sexual orientation. Our team is drawn from cultures and languages from around the world and includes members of minority, indigenous, and LGBTQ2 communities.
You are a student, recent grad, or a currently employed youth (age 30 or below*) who is looking for an entry-level role to jump-start your career in project management. You are a self-starter with a keen eye for detail, and who is comfortable taking on a variety of different responsibilities. You will be given the opportunity to work cross-functionally with our other teams including digital marketing, web development, and general administration. The anticipated employment term for this role is a minimum of 35 hours/week for two months with the opportunity to develop into a full-time, permanent position.
On a daily basis your main responsibilities will include supporting our Director of Client Engagement and her Project Management team in:
- Project Management Support:
- Assist in managing website maintenance tickets, e.g. support resourcing, information gathering, testing, verification, and client communication
- Provide support in developing estimates for website updates
- Support with on-time delivery of work
- Flag with the team when projects or tasks are going out of scope
- Support the managing of website projects, from project setup through to resourcing and delivery
- Support the development of websites through the content entry, asset reviews and entry, and testing
- Support the Project Management team’s internal tasks, such as timeline creation, timesheet reviews, invoicing, and invoice follow-ups
- Assist in auditing client meetings, following which you will communicate and coordinate action items among your colleagues internally and clients externally
- Assist in establishing and supporting positive relationships with internal teams and clients
- Content capture and spreadsheet updating for purposes of billing
- Loading new project forecasts into our tracking software
- Monthly activities include client-server folder review and updating, formatting, and creating billable time spreadsheet, and more
- Expense and work ticket tracking and archiving
- Cross-check major client project and maintenance hours
- Audit projects on our Project Management system to ensure they are set up correctly
- Administrative Support:
- Identify and retrieve missing expense receipts coordination
- Supply ordering
- Invoicing support - pulling timesheet reports and creating invoices
- A/R support (enter paid invoices in time tracking software, help prepare bank deposits)
- HR support (send announcements, download claim reports, e-signature requests, letters, update payroll tasks sheet, etc.)
- Research/test apps in detail to improve processes, e.g. expense reporting, invoicing, bill payments, etc.
- Web Development Support:
- Update or add to documentation on web development builds
- Clean up and update databases
- Audit team calls and actions discussed in the form of admin tasks
- Investigate emergency channel notifications and escalate as see fit
Skills & Experience
- High attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Excellent organization, and time management skills
- Ability to manage expectations and solve problems on your feet
- A minimum of two years experience is helpful but not mandatory
- You may be a member of an underrepresented group or have previously encountered barriers to entering or staying in the labour market
- You like people, people like you, and you enjoy being mentored
- You’re team-oriented, willing to learn, can multitask and prioritize deliverables
- Western time zone location is helpful though not mandatory
- If necessary, you’re comfortable working remotely and building relationships this way
Bonus points for:
- Bilingual - English and French/Spanish or other languages
- Owning an adorable pet to show off during team calls
- Having an understanding of web development
We'll pay you a minimum salary of $27.50 an hour or that which we deem commensurate with your experience. We’ll provide frequent oral and written feedback in the form of suggestions, advice, and direction. We provide a flexible schedule and optional safely distanced office in Vancouver with snacks and coffee. Ours is a great physical or digital work environment.
Sound like you? Want training and support in skills development? You should apply!
*As stipulated by the Government of Canada’s 2021 Youth Employment and Skills Strategy