We are on the hunt for a Senior Digital Strategist, someone who is passionate about digital marketing with a proven track record of building and growing a team. This is a management role with a biz dev component, but we are looking for someone who is hands-on that can execute on tactics while leading the charge on the company’s growth around digital marketing.
You have a foundation of skills that includes PPC, analytics, social media marketing, search engine optimization, and website optimization. You can design, build and execute digital marketing that addresses high-level goals. You should have experience with industry standard platforms, and confidently measure and adapt.
In addition to the hard technical skills, you have a proven ability to attract, motivate, and mentor a team of Digital Strategists in a positive and forward thinking agency environment. Participation at industry conferences and knowledge sharing are things you enjoy, and you are comfortable collaborating with a multi-functional team of web designers, developers, project managers, and others.
The macro conversion goals are similar in the niche that we operate out of; therefore you’ll be expected to design strategies and campaigns that provide utility and scale between clients with similar objectives.
- Take a lead on the strategic direction of our digital marketing services for the company - particularly paid advertising.
- Grow services and key accounts that align with our positioning and business strategy.
- Contribute to the management and strategy of our high profile accounts.
- Evaluate emerging technologies, provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
- Research and recommend new technologies/process improvements to optimize business practices.
- Closely collaborate with other teams in the company to align our digital marketing work with existing services and processes.
- Manage and collaborate with third parties (agencies, contractors, vendor partners) when project requirements fall outside internal offerings.
- 4-5 years in Digital Marketing role, with either a brand or technical focus.
- Proven ability to articulate vision and strategy in a way that inspires people, while focusing on achieving business goals.
- Really know your way around Google Analytics with a knowledge of GTM.
- You love to crunch data, make sense of it, and know how to act on it.
- Strong understanding of goals, events, tracking, conversions, and eCommerce optimization.
- Capable of doing reporting and presentation of data, strategy, insights, KPI's to clients.
- Basic understanding of UX and usability principles as it applies to websites.
- Develop, manage and report on PPC (Google Ads, Bing), remarketing and social advertising campaigns for your own portfolio of clients.
- A proven track record in building new campaigns, writing strong ads, running experiments and managing campaigns on a day-to-day basis.
- Strategic thinking to align digital marketing efforts to support your client’s marketing goals.
- Demonstrated expertise in setting up segmented remarketing campaigns.
- Current valid Google certifications (Google Analytics, Google Ads).
- You understand the value in reaching the right audience, not necessarily the largest one.
- Advanced SEO knowledge in order to develop strategies, write content and report on the results.
- Strong understanding of search engine algorithms and white hat techniques.
- Capable of doing keyword research, analysis, technical SEO audits and writing compelling metadata.
- Strong knowledge of Google Analytics and webmaster tools, in addition to software like Moz or SEMrush.
Nice to have
- Support sales team by vetting, negotiating, and closing new marketing business opportunities.
- Experience in pricing and scaling digital marketing services in a full-service agency environment.
- Experience building services around social media advertising.
- Additional certifications such as Facebook Blueprint and Bing Accreditation.
- Experience with advertising on social platforms like Facebook, Instagram, TripAdvisor, and YouTube.
- Hands on experience in setting up Google Tag Manager (GTM) containers, particularly for eCommerce tracking, cross-domain tracking and working with the DataLayer.
- Experience working with booking engines in the hospitality sector.
- Experience with ad buying or display advertising an asset.
- Experience with heat maps, multivariate testing, and landing page optimization.
We offer competitive salaries and vacation policies commensurate to your experience, as well as a flexible schedule, extended health, dental, snacks, coffee, learning stipends, and equipment of your choice. Our office boasts a comfortable work environment with views of the water and mountains.
Wallop is an independent, award-winning digital agency with a focus on luxury brands and unique experiences in travel and hospitality. We’re a 14 year old company based in Vancouver, BC. Our focus is narrow, and we offer a limited number of services for the right kind of client. We only want to do a few things, but we want to do them better than anyone else.
We foster a culture where employees are encouraged to deepen their expertise through education and practice. Learn more about our company on the careers page: https://wallop.ca/careers/